Monday, March 16, 2015

Award Winning Safety at I.D.I.

Good morning to all I.D.I. employees,

As most of you know due to being in attendance at our company-wide volunteer quarterly safety meeting held in February, we recently received 2 safety awards.  We received a safety award from the Lake County Contractors Association for having the lowest lost workday ratio in the 100,001 - 500,000 hours worked division for the 2014 calendar year.  We actually had zero lost-time injuries during 2014 which is quite an accomplishment. 

The second safety award that we received was from our insurance broker, Willis Group, who is the largest broker in the United States for writing construction insurance.  The Willis Group presented International Decorators with their "Eagle Award" which was in recognition of I.D.I. working 610 consecutive days, which included 452,785 man hours worked without sustaining a lost-time injury.  The Willis Group advised that their Chicago Office gives out 1 Eagle Award a year to one construction company in the Chicagoland area and this year, International Decorators was the recipient of this award.  Dan Balles of the Willis Group (center of photo below) presented the Eagle Award to I.D.I. at our February 28th volunteer quarterly safety meeting. 


Receiving both of these awards says something about our employees and our safety culture.  It took a lot of team work and effort to achieve 610 consecutive days worked without sustaining a lost-time injury.  We can only accomplish this by having employees that care about themselves and about each other.  These awards are your (employees) awards and they are well deserved.  Congratulations to all I.D.I. employees!

Awesome job - Everyone! - on setting the standard, being the industry leader in safety and living up to our safety mission statement: "Everyone Goes Home Alive And In The Same Condition As They Arrived; Your Loved Ones Count On It."

Have a Safe Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment